A great alternative to rolled topside, rump roast packs a great flavour with a great bite. Should be cooked quickly and served rare, or slow cooked for a number of hours.
To cook medium-rare
- Ensure the cut is at room temperature. (Remove from the fridge at least 2 hours before cooking)
- Pre-heat oven to 190oC / 375oF
- Season well with Great Cow Rub.
- Get a pan smoking hot.
- Sear the cut in the hot pan (for approx 2-3 minutes) until evenly coloured.
- Place on oven tray in the pre-heated oven for:
1.5kg: 1 hour
3kg: 2 hours
- Rest on a warm plate (not too hot to touch) for at least 20 minutes before serving.