A traditionally British roasting joint taken from the hind of the carcass. Leaner than most, the topside is best when cooked quick and hot and served rare
To cook to medium-rare
- Make sure the joint is at room temperature. (Take out of fridge at least 2 hours before cooking).
- Pre-heat oven to 180 oC
- Season well with our Great Cow Rub.
- Get a pan smoking hot.
- Sear in hot pan until coloured all over. (2-3 mins approx)
- Place on oven tray in pre-heated oven for
1.5kg joint: 1 hour 20 minutes
3kg joint: 2 hours 40 minutes
- Rest, uncovered, on a warm plate (not too hot to touch) for at least 20 minutes before serving.