Slightly less fat content than the rib-eye means this roasting joint is perfect served rare to medium, which helps to retain moisture and flavour.
To cook medium-rare
- Make sure the joint is a room temperature by taking out of the fridge at least 2 hours before cooking.
- Pre-heat oven to 180 oC.
- Season well with our Great Cow Rub
- Get a pan smoking hot
- Sear in hot pan until coloured all over. (2-3 mins approx).
- Place on oven tray in pre-heated oven for:
1.5kg joint: 1 hour 20 minutes
3kg joint: 2 hours 40 minutes
- Rest, uncovered, on a warm plate (not too hot to touch) for at least 20 minutes before serving.