A fantastic slow roasting joint with a heavy marbling, the rolled rib-eye is versatile, flavourful and tender when cooked for a few hours.
ROLLED RIB EYE
To cook to medium-rre
- Make sure the joint is at room temperature. (Take out of fridge at least 2 hours before cooking).
- Pre-heat oven to 180 oC.
- Season well with our Great Cow Rub.
- Get a pan smoking hot.
- Sear in a hot pan until coloured all over (2-3 minutes approximately)
- Place on oven tray in pre-heated over for:
1.5kg joint: 1 hour 20 minutes
3kg joint: 2 hours 40 minutes
- Rest, uncovered, on a warm plate (not too hot to touch) for at least 20 minutes before serving.