Also known as 'hanger steak', the onglet is technically an offal and is famed for it's big flavour. Chargrilled and served to medium-rare, it really is unbeatable.
To cook medium-rare
- Ensure the cut is at room temperature by remove from the fridge at least 2 hours before cooking
- Get your grill or pan smoking hot.
- At the last minute, season well with our Great Cow Rub – don’t use oil, if the grill or pan is hot enough, it won’t stick.
- Stick your onglet on! Leave for a couple of mins to get a good colour then turn. Turn regularly to avoid burning. Cook for:
Medium-rare: 8-9 minutes
- Rest on a warm plate, not too hot to touch, for at least 20 minutes.
- Tuck in and enjoy!