Technically an offal, bavette has seen a surge in popularity thanks to it's big flavour and relatively small price. Great braised or simple grilled or fried to medium rare.
To cook medium-rare
- Ensure the cut is at room temperature by remove from the fridge at least 2 hours before cooking
- Get your grill or pan smoking hot.
- At the last minute, season well with our Great Cow Rub – don’t use oil, if the grill or pan is hot enough, it won’t stick.
- Stick your bavette on! Leave for a couple of mins to get a good colour then turn. Turn regularly to avoid burning. Cook for:
Medium-rare: 6-8 minutes
- Rest on a warm plate, not too hot to touch, for at least 20 minutes.
- Tuck in and enjoy!