A singular muscle taken from the centre of the fillet, with added fat for basting. Great to impress dinner guests; amazingly tender with a fantastic flavour.
To cook to medium-rare
- Make sure the joint is at room temperature. (Take out of fridge at least 2 hours before cooking).
- Pre-heat oven to 190oC
- Season well with our Great Cow Rub.
- Get a pan smoking hot.
- Sear in hot pan until coloured all over. (2-3 mins approx)
- Place on oven tray in pre-heated oven for
500g Fillet: 10 minutes
1kg Fillett: 20 minutes
- Rest, uncovered, on a warm plate (not too hot to touch) for at least 20 minutes before serving.