As the least used muscle on the carcase, the fillet is lean and meltingly tender when cooked. Rich, but delicate thanks to our dry-ageing process.
- Ensure the cut is at room temperature by removing from the fridge at least 2 hours before cooking.
- Get your grill or pan smoking hot.
- At the last minute, season well with our Great Cow Rub. Don't use oil, if the grill or pan is hot enough, it won't stick.
- Stick your steak on - leave it for a couple of minutes to egt a good colour then turn. Keep turning regularly to avoid burning. Cook for:
medium-rare: 4-6 minutes
medium: 6-8 minutes
medium-well: 8-10 minutes
medium-rare: 6-8 minutes
medium: 8-10 minutes
medium-well: 10-12 minutes
- Rest on a warm plate, not too hot to touch, for at least 10 minutes
- Get stuck in, and enjoy!