We went straight to Richard for a failsafe recipe to make the very most of your Spring Lamb leg this year - with minimal ingredients so that you can enjoy your Sunday properly.
- Preheat you oven to 180°C/gas mark 6. Mix the tapenade, maple syrup, thyme, olive oil, smoked paprika and plenty of seasoning.
- Slice each onion into 3 thick horizontal pieces. Place in the bottom of a large roasting tin, scatter with the garlic and pour over the lamb stock.
- Put the Lamb in the tray on top of the onions and garlic. With a sharp knife, slash the flesh a few times and brush with half of the glaze. Transfer to the oven and roast for 40 minutes.
- After 40 minutes, reduce the oven temperature to 150°C/gas mark 3. Brush with the remaining glaze and cook for one more hour.
- After the hour is up, place the potatoes in the roasting tin and season. Return the tin to the oven for another hour of cooking time.
- When the Lamb is ready, turn off the oven and allow it to rest for 30 minutes inside the oven.
- Thickly slice the Lamb and serve it with the roasted onions and potatoes, a drizzle of the cooking juices and some spring greens.