Herb Fed Turkey
Our slow grown Yorkshire Bronze Turkeys forage naturally outdoors and feed on fresh herbs to a minimum age of 20 weeks before being dry plucked and hung for 10 days. As a guide, a 4-5kg bird will feed 6-8 people, 5-6kg / 8-10p, 6-7kg / 10-12p, 7-8kg / 12-14p, 8-9kg / 14-16p, 9-10kg / 16-18p
FOR PRE-ORDER DELIVERY SLOTS ONLY - AVAILABLE FROM 24TH NOVEMBER 2020
IF YOU ARE LOOKING TO ORDER FOR THANKSGIVING, THE CUT OFF DATE TO PLACE YOUR ORDER IS NOVEMBER 17TH
OUR DELIVERY PROMISE
Our mail order meat service delivers to any UK mainland* address using external couriers from Tuesday to Saturday. Deliveries can be tracked and re-arranged via a text message update service, kept safe in specially designed packaging that keeps a constant temperature for up to 48 hours.
We’re passionate about how we source, age and prepare our meat – so we want to ensure it reaches you exactly how it left us; always fresh and never frozen.
We cut each order individually, and vacuum pack on the morning that the boxes are packed for delivery to protect during transit. We’ve found that this is the best way to ensure that your freshly cut meat arrives with you in perfect condition. If you’d rather have your meat wrapped in butcher’s paper, we can do that too – just let us know in your order notes.
All-day delivery (8am-5pm, Tuesday to Friday): £5.00 for orders under £50.00
Morning delivery (8am-12pm, Tuesday to Friday): £8.00 for orders under £50.00
Saturday All-Day delivery (9am-5pm): £8.00 for orders under £50.00
Saturday Morning delivery (9am-12pm): £10.00 for orders under £50.00
FREE DELIVERY on orders over £50, excludes Saturday Morning slot.
Simply choose your cuts, either individually or by choosing one of our specially selected subscription boxes, add condiments if you wish, choose your preferred delivery slot and await your meat. Our cut off for Next Day Delivery is 12pm.
If your ideal slot is not selectable that means we’ve reached capacity, so please choose another. Please remember though, that we plan our deliveries daily, so no matter when you book your delivery we will always hand-cut your orders freshly.
UK mainland* - Orders can be delivered Tuesday to Saturday. You can select a morning slot, between 8.00am and 12pm, or an all-day from 8am until 6pm – although please note that Saturday deliveries operate between 9am and 5pm.
Once your order has been accepted, a confirmation email will be sent. Please note that during busy periods we reserve the right to alter your delivery slot, but we will always endeavour to advise you of any changes. Remember, your order will always arrive with you freshly.
*UK mainland excludes Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands and the Highlands of Scotland.
Christmas Turkey Brussell Tops, Roast Vegetables & Potatoes, PIgs in Blankets, Roast Bone Marrow & Gravy
Trimmings below serves 8-10
Turkey – Cook to intructions included in the box
Beef Dripping Roast Potatoes
20 even sized King Edward or Maris Piper potatoes, peeled (or a 1kg bag will do), 200g Beef Dripping, 2 large cloves of garlic crushed, 1 tablespoon thyme, salt.
1. Lightly salt a pan of water and boil the potatoes for 10 mins.
2. Drain water, hold a lid on the pan and shake to roughen the edges.
3. Allow to cool and air dry for as long as possible.
3. Pre-heat the oven to 220oC.
4. Place the duck fat in a large roasting tin into the oven and heat for 15 mins.
5. Remove the roasting tin and place over a low heat while you add your potatoes and garlic, making sure to coat them all with the hot fat.
6. Roast in the oven for 20 mins and then add the thyme.
7. Roast for another 20 mins or until golden and crispy.
Roast Root Vegetables
250g carrots, 250g swede, 250g celeriac, 250g Jerusalem artichokes, 250g turnips, 250g butter, 1 large pinch of sugar, 1 large clove of garlic, 1 sprig of thyme, salt & pepper.
1. Pre-heat the oven to 220oC
2. Wash and peel all the vegetables and cut into 2" chunks.
3. Place the vegetables and butter in a large roasting tray and season well.
4. Cover with baking paper and place in the hot oven until cooked but still firm (about 20 mins).
5. Remove baking paper, shake tray, and cook until golden brown – checking regularly to make sure they're not burning.
Rare Breed Pigs in Old Spot blankets
24 ELSCo Rare Breed Chipolatas, 24 rashers dry cured Old Spot smoked streaky bacon.
1. Wrap each of the chipolatas in a rasher of bacon. Stretch the bacon and overlap slightly as you go and tucking the end in to finish.
2. Place the finished pigs onto a flat baking sheet and cook in a hot oven for at least 45 mins, or until the sausages are cooked through and the bacon is crispy on top.
Buttered Sprout Tops
800g Sprout Tops with the stalks removed, 100g cold unsalted butter, salt & pepper
1. Bring a pan of water to the boil and add a pinch of salt.
2. Wash the trimmed Sprout Tops.
3. Blanch the Sprout Tops for 2 minutes, or until just cooked through
4. Refresh in iced water, drain, cover with paper towel and reserve (ideally in the fridge) until ready to use.
5. To re-heat, melt the butter in a pan over a low heat. Add Sprout Tops turning regularly to coat in the butter. Season to taste and serve when warmed through.
200g Plain flour, 2 eggs, 200ml semi skimmed milk, 4 tablespoons Beef Dripping, salt & pepper
1. Pre-heat the oven to 220oC
2. Combine the ingredients in a mixing bowl, first combining the flour with the eggs, and then slowly mixing in the milk until the mixture is an even consistency. Beat well with a hand or electric whisk.
3. Leave the mixture to stand in a cool place for at least 30 mins or overnight if possible.
4. When you're ready to cook, either put all the beef dripping into one large baking tin, or alternatively divide it evenly into 2 muffin trays for individual puddings.
5. Place the baking tray or tins into the hot oven and leave for 15 mins.
6. Transfer your batter into a jug, remove the tray / tins from the oven and place over a low heat.
7. Pour the batter into the tin /trays and place into the hot oven.
8. Cook until risen and golden on top – about 25-30 mins. Try not to open the oven while they're rising. Turn to brown the bottoms for a few mins if desired.
9. Serve as soon as possible.
Roasted Marrow Shafts
2kg Marrow Shafts
1. Place into a pre-heated hot oven (200.220oC) on a baking sheet with the cut side facing up.
2. Cook for 15 mins or until the marrow has started to separate from the bone.
3. Serve immediately from the bone.
Pour into a pan and bring up to the boil over a medium heat, and then turn down to a simmer. Just before serving, season to taste and whisk in a desert spoon of butter. A desert spoon of roasted bone marrow whisked in too would make it extra delicious.