From the shoulder, feather blade has multiple connective strips running through, which when slow cooked break down and release a complex blend of flavours
OUR DELIVERY PROMISE
Our mail order meat service delivers to any UK mainland* address using external couriers from Tuesday to Saturday. Deliveries can be tracked and re-arranged via a text message update service, kept safe in specially designed packaging that keeps a constant temperature for up to 48 hours.
We’re passionate about how we source, age and prepare our meat – so we want to ensure it reaches you exactly how it left us; always fresh and never frozen.
We cut each order individually, and vacuum pack on the morning that the boxes are packed for delivery to protect during transit. We’ve found that this is the best way to ensure that your freshly cut meat arrives with you in perfect condition. If you’d rather have your meat wrapped in butcher’s paper, we can do that too – just let us know in your order notes.
All-day delivery (8am-5pm, Tuesday to Friday): £5.00 for orders under £50.00
Morning delivery (8am-12pm, Tuesday to Friday): £8.00 for orders under £50.00
Saturday All-Day delivery (9am-5pm): £8.00 for orders under £50.00
Saturday Morning delivery (9am-12pm): £10.00 for orders under £50.00
FREE DELIVERY on orders over £50, excludes Saturday Morning slot.
Simply choose your cuts, either individually or by choosing one of our specially selected subscription boxes, add condiments if you wish, choose your preferred delivery slot and await your meat. Our cut off for Next Day Delivery is 12pm.
If your ideal slot is not selectable that means we’ve reached capacity, so please choose another. Please remember though, that we plan our deliveries daily, so no matter when you book your delivery we will always hand-cut your orders freshly.
UK mainland* - Orders can be delivered Tuesday to Saturday. You can select a morning slot, between 8.00am and 12pm, or an all-day from 8am until 6pm – although please note that Saturday deliveries operate between 9am and 5pm.
Once your order has been accepted, a confirmation email will be sent. Please note that during busy periods we reserve the right to alter your delivery slot, but we will always endeavour to advise you of any changes. Remember, your order will always arrive with you freshly.
*UK mainland excludes Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands and the Highlands of Scotland.
2kg Feather blade, 2 whole carrots peeled and roughly chopped, 2 whole onions peeled and roughly chopped, 1 head of celery chopped, 1 head of garlic peeled, 1 bottle (750ml) red wine, 100g plain flour, 1 small spice bag (containing star anise, 2/3 whole cloves, teaspoon allspice, zest of one orange, teaspoon black peppercorns)*, 1 small faggot of herbs (thyme, rosemary and bay), 100g tomato paste or puree, 5ml honey, 2 litres chicken stock, 2 litres beef stock, 50g beef bouillon, salt and pepper.
- Cover the Feather blade with the wine and refrigerate overnight or as long as possible.
- Pre-heat oven to 160oC.
- Remove the Feather blade and pat dry, put the wine into an oven safe pan or dutch oven and reduce by half.
- Add the stock to the wine and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Heat the dripping in a pan, combine the flour and salt and pepper in a bowl and coat the Feather blade before frying in the dripping until browned all over.
- Add the Feather blade to the simmering stock.
- Fry the vegetables (add some more dripping if necessary) until golden and add to the stock.
- Add the spice bag and faggot of herbs and place in the pre-heated oven for 3 hours.
- Remove from oven, drain the stock into a pan and leave the Feather blade and vegetables to cool.
- Reduce the stock over a medium heat until thickened to desired consistency, skimming the surface constantly. Carve or separate the meat roughly and crush the vegetables with your fingers.
- Add the meat and vegetables to the thickened sauce and season to taste.