Our mail order meat service delivers to any UK mainland address* using our external couriers at DPD. Deliveries can be tracked and re-arranged with a text message update service, and each delivery will receive a 1 hour window of arrival so long as a mobile number or email address is provided.
We cut each order individually and vacuum pack on the morning that it’s packed for delivery. We’ve found that vacuum packing is by far the best way to make sure that your freshly cut meat arrives to you in perfect condition, but if you’d rather have your meat wrapped in butcher’s paper we can do that – just let us know in the special requests box.
UK mainland including Greater London:
- All Day Delivery (between 8am and 5pm, Tuesday to Friday): £5.00 for orders below £50.00
- Pre-Midday Delivery (between 8am and 12pm, Tuesday to Friday): £8.00 for orders below £50.00
- Saturday delivery between 9am and 5pm: £8 for orders below £50
- Saturday delivery pre-12pm: £10
- Weekday and Saturday All-Day deliveries for orders over £50.00 – FREE
Delivery Process – Need to Know
Simply choose your cuts, add on any extras like gravies or rubs if you wish, select a delivery slot and await your meat. Our cut off time for Next Day Delivery is 12pm.
If you can’t select your ideal slot for delivery, that means that we’ve reached capacity, so please choose another. Please remember, though, that we plan deliveries daily, so no matter when you book your delivery we’ll always hand-cut it freshly on the day of dispatch.
UK Mainland – Orders can be delivered Tuesday to Saturday. You can choose a Pre-12 slot on weekdays, or an ‘All Day’ delivery between 8am and 5pm. Our couriers will always endeavour to give you an hour window of arrival so long as a mobile phone number is provided.
Once you’ve ordered, a confirmation email will be sent – during busy periods we may have to offer alternative delivery options, but we will always endeavour to advise you of any alterations or try and find a solution that works for you. We alwayscut your meat freshly for delivery.
We always want to make sure that you get the best from your meat, whether freezing or storing within the fridge. Follow our handy tips guide to be certain you’re storing your meat correctly and safely before it’s cooked.
All of your meat should be delivered with individual use-by dates on the packaging, but no matter what cut be sure to always follow these base tips:
- Unless vacuum-packed, when you get your meat home take it out of the bag and wrapping. If left inside the meat will sweat, meaning that bacteria growth is much easier.
- Place the meat on a plate, uncovered, at the bottom of the fridge. If your products are vacuum-packed then leave them within the packaging in the same place. Not only does this help the air ventilate around the raw meat, but you’ll find that the bottom of the fridge is the coldest place. If you’re running out of space, a Tupperware container with the lid on is the next best thing.
- Keep meat, particularly chicken, away from any other food. It’s best to give yourself a whole shelf in the fridge just to store raw meat.
- Don’t overfill your fridge, as this can lead to inconsistent temperatures.
- If you’re going to freeze the meat, do it on the day of purchase. If your cuts are vacuum packed, do not open them – this is an ideal condition for freezing. If the meat is in butcher’s paper, remove all packaging, pat the meat dry and place each cut separately within a bag with as little air as possible. Use within 3 months
- To defrost, remove the meat from the freezer 24 hours before use, and take out, placing in the coldest part of your kitchen 1-2 hours before use.
As we vacuum pack all of our products, you will have 7 days from the packing date within which to use the meat. All vacuum packed products are issued with a use-by.
Unless stated otherwise, the use-by-dates for paper wrapped products are as follows:
- Beef, Lamb and Pork cuts: 4 days
- Chicken, sausages, burgers and mince: 3 days