Cut from the breast of the carcase, requires a long, low cook by either braising or smoking. Do that, though, and the flavours in this cut are incomparable.
OUR DELIVERY PROMISE
Our mail order meat service delivers to any UK mainland* address using external couriers from Tuesday to Saturday. Deliveries can be tracked and re-arranged via a text message update service, kept safe in specially designed packaging that keeps a constant temperature for up to 48 hours.
We’re passionate about how we source, age and prepare our meat – so we want to ensure it reaches you exactly how it left us; always fresh and never frozen.
We cut each order individually, and vacuum pack on the morning that the boxes are packed for delivery to protect during transit. We’ve found that this is the best way to ensure that your freshly cut meat arrives with you in perfect condition. If you’d rather have your meat wrapped in butcher’s paper, we can do that too – just let us know in your order notes.
All-day delivery (8am-5pm, Tuesday to Friday): £5.00 for orders under £50.00
Morning delivery (8am-12pm, Tuesday to Friday): £8.00 for orders under £50.00
Saturday All-Day delivery (9am-5pm): £8.00 for orders under £50.00
Saturday Morning delivery (9am-12pm): £10.00 for orders under £50.00
FREE DELIVERY on orders over £50, excludes Saturday Morning slot.
Simply choose your cuts, either individually or by choosing one of our specially selected subscription boxes, add condiments if you wish, choose your preferred delivery slot and await your meat. Our cut off for Next Day Delivery is 12pm.
If your ideal slot is not selectable that means we’ve reached capacity, so please choose another. Please remember though, that we plan our deliveries daily, so no matter when you book your delivery we will always hand-cut your orders freshly.
UK mainland* - Orders can be delivered Tuesday to Saturday. You can select a morning slot, between 8.00am and 12pm, or an all-day from 8am until 6pm – although please note that Saturday deliveries operate between 9am and 5pm.
Once your order has been accepted, a confirmation email will be sent. Please note that during busy periods we reserve the right to alter your delivery slot, but we will always endeavour to advise you of any changes. Remember, your order will always arrive with you freshly.
*UK mainland excludes Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands and the Highlands of Scotland.
2kg Bone-in Brisket, 100ml vegetable oil, 100g Great Cow Rub, 100ml beer (Meantime Pale Ale works very well) or red wine to spray, wrapping mixture (100g light brown muscovado sugar, 100g unsalted butter) 250ml bottle of good quality BBQ sauce.
- Season the joint heavily with the T&G Rub and allow to sit at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Pre-heat oven to 130oC.
- Using your hands or a brush, evenly but lightly coat the brisket with the vegetable oil. If you have a remote thermometer, insert the probe in the thickest part of the joint.
- Place in the oven on a high sided oven tray, fat side down. After 2 hours spray with the beer or wine, and then continue to do so every hour. Cook for about 4 hours or until the internal temperature reaches 75oC.
- Meanwhile, combine the muscovado sugar and the butter to make the wrapping mixture.
- Remove the joint from the oven and reserve the juices. Lay out a double sheet of aluminium foil and place the joint in the middle. Cover the joint with the wrapping mixture. Securely wrap the joint in the foil and place back in the oven and cook for another 2 hours or until the internal temperature reaches 90oC.
- Meanwhile, combine the sauce with the reserved juices.
- Remove the joint, coat with the sauce and leave to rest on warm plate (not too hot to touch) for at least 30mins.
- Slice the joint against the grain (across the fibres in the meat, not along them) into 1/8 inch (5mm) slices, dredging in the sauce as you go. You may notice the direction of the grain changes as you carve – don't let it throw you, just change direction to make sure you're always cutting across the lines in the meat. Lightly sprinkle with T&G Rub and serve! (Delicious with mashed potato and gravy!)