Bone-in Pork Leg
Commonly used for gammons, leg of pork is a lean but tasty cut that often gets overlooked as a roasting joint. We kept the bone-in for extra flavour
OUR DELIVERY PROMISE
Our mail order meat service delivers to any UK mainland* address using external couriers from Tuesday to Saturday. Deliveries can be tracked and re-arranged via a text message update service, kept safe in specially designed packaging that keeps a constant temperature for up to 48 hours.
We’re passionate about how we source, age and prepare our meat – so we want to ensure it reaches you exactly how it left us; always fresh and never frozen.
We cut each order individually, and vacuum pack on the morning that the boxes are packed for delivery to protect during transit. We’ve found that this is the best way to ensure that your freshly cut meat arrives with you in perfect condition. If you’d rather have your meat wrapped in butcher’s paper, we can do that too – just let us know in your order notes.
All-day delivery (8am-5pm, Tuesday to Friday): £5.00 for orders under £50.00
Morning delivery (8am-12pm, Tuesday to Friday): £8.00 for orders under £50.00
Saturday All-Day delivery (9am-5pm): £8.00 for orders under £50.00
Saturday Morning delivery (9am-12pm): £10.00 for orders under £50.00
FREE DELIVERY on orders over £50, excludes Saturday Morning slot.
Simply choose your cuts, either individually or by choosing one of our specially selected subscription boxes, add condiments if you wish, choose your preferred delivery slot and await your meat. Our cut off for Next Day Delivery is 12pm.
If your ideal slot is not selectable that means we’ve reached capacity, so please choose another. Please remember though, that we plan our deliveries daily, so no matter when you book your delivery we will always hand-cut your orders freshly.
UK mainland* - Orders can be delivered Tuesday to Saturday. You can select a morning slot, between 8.00am and 12pm, or an all-day from 8am until 6pm – although please note that Saturday deliveries operate between 9am and 5pm.
Once your order has been accepted, a confirmation email will be sent. Please note that during busy periods we reserve the right to alter your delivery slot, but we will always endeavour to advise you of any changes. Remember, your order will always arrive with you freshly.
*UK mainland excludes Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands and the Highlands of Scotland.
Ingredients - Cranberry Ketchup
500g cranberries, 150g caster sugar, 150g cider vinegar, 50ml orange juice, spice bag (ginger, nutmeg, black peppercorns, allspice), pinch of salt.
- Bring all the ingredients together in a small pan and boil until very soft, roughly 10 minutes.
- Drain and blitz to a thick puree, add the lemon juice and then add enough of the liquid to get the correct thick ketchup consistency. It should be a smooth puree that holds its shape when on a plate.
- Pass the sauce through a sieve and refrigerate until needed.
Ingredients - Slow Roasted Pork
3kg pork leg roast, 10g fennel seeds, 10g black peppercorns, 20g Maldon sea salt, 2 fennel bulbs - trimmed and roughly chopped, 2 medium carrots - peeled and roughly chopped, 2 medium onions - peeled and roughly chopped, 1 head of garlic - split in half, 1 bunch of fresh thyme, pork dripping or lard, 500ml cider, 500ml pork brother, 100g unsalted butter, Cranberry Ketchup..
- Preheat your oven to 200°c and place the roughly chopped vegetables, thyme and garlic into a large roasting pan.
- Crush the black peppercorns and fennel seeds with the Maldon sea salt in a pestle and mortar until fine.
- Score the pork leg all over at 1 cm intervals with a sharp knife about 2 mm deep and rub the pork first with the pork dripping then the crushed seasoning mix into the skin of the pork.
- Place the pork in your preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes or until it's beginning to color, then turn your oven down to 120°C and cook the pork for 9 to 12 hours, until the meat is soft and you can pull it apart easily with a fork.
- Pour the cider and pork broth into the roasting tray and let it cook for another hour.
- Remove the pork from the oven and transfer it to a clean dish to rest for thirty minutes.
- Bring the roasting pan back to a gentle simmer and whisk in the unsalted butter to thicken, pass through a fine sieve and serve with your Cranberry Ketchup.