Galician Bone-in Sirloin
1. Ensure the cut is at room temperature. (Remove from the fridge at least 2 hours before cooking.)
2. Get your grill or pan smoking hot.
3. At the last minute, season well with T&G Classic Rub – use a tiny bit of oil or none at all, if the grill or pan is hot enough, it won’t stick.
4. Stick your steak on! Leave for a couple of mins to get a good colour then turn. Keep turning regularly to avoid burning. Cook for:
400g steak: Medium Rare 6-8 minutes Medium 8-10 minutes Medium Well* 10-12 minutes
800g steak: Medium Rare 12-14 minutes Medium 14-16 minutes Medium Well* 16-18 minutes
1.2kg steak: Medium Rare 16-18 minutes Medium 18-20 minutes Medium Well* 20-22 minutes
5. Rest on a warm plate, not too hot to touch, for at least 10 minutes.
6. Tuck in and enjoy!
* We recommend this steak is not cooked past Medium
PLEASE NOTE: To cook to perfection, professional chefs would use a meat thermometer.
Interior Temperatures for precise cooking: Medium rare: 60oC, Medium: 70oC, Medium Well: 80oC