1. Make sure the cuts are at room temperature. (Take out of fridge 1 hour before cooking).
2. Fire up the grill or heat your pan to medium hot – too hot and you'll burn your bangers before they're cooked through. There’s a huge difference between sausages cooked over real charcoal and one cooked in a pan so use charcoal if you can
3. At the last minute season well with Turner and George Classic Rub, don't use oil – if the grill is hot enough the meat won't stick
4. Stick the sausages on. Leave for a minute and then turn. Carry on turning every couple of minutes until evenly coloured all over.
5. Exact cooking times will depend on the exact temperature of the grill. As an example:
The Victorian Sausages – Cook for 10 minutes moving constantly
6. Rest, uncovered, on a warm plate (not too hot to touch) for at least 10 mins before serving.
7. Check they are cooked through but still juicy and cow down!
PLEASE NOTE: To cook to perfection, professional chefs would use a meat thermometer.
Interior Temperatures for precise cooking: Medium rare: 60oC, Medium: 70oC, Medium Well: 80oC