Richard's Perfect Picnic Chicken
1 T&G Stuffed & Rolled Chicken
2ltr Chicken Stock
1. Pour the Chicken Stock into a deep casserole dish or stockpot and heat over a low heat, ensuring that the liquid gets up to 150°.
2. Place the chicken in the liquid and poach for one hour.
3. Take from the heat and leave to cool within the liquid, before refrigerating and slicing (across the bird so each slice has a stuffed middle) and serving cold with the potato salad.
For the Potato Salad
1 kg scrubbed Pink Fir or Anya potatoes, 1 free-range egg yolk, 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard, 1 tablespoon cider vinegar, 1 tablespoon chopped gherkins, 1 tablespoon chopped capers, 1 tablespoon chopped parsley, 500ml light olive oil, 1 clove garlic, 1 squeeze fresh lemon juice, Maldon sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Jersey Royals are ideal if you can get them, but Pink Fir or Anya are just as good if you can find them. Gently boil the potatoes in salted water until tender. Drain well and leave to cool slightly.
2. Make the mayonnaise by whisking together the egg yolk, vinegar and mustard in a bowl. Add the olive oil very gradually, in a very thin steady stream, whisking all the time.
3. Pound the garlic with a pinch of salt in a pestle and mortar and add to the mayonnaise. Season with sea salt, freshly ground black pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice.
4. Slice the cooked potatoes in half and dress with the garlic mayonnaise and finally, add the chopped capers, gherkins and parsley and serve with cold slices of stuffed chicken.
5. If you have any left over, try frying in slices and serving with eggs for breakfast!