The Young Cow
Rose Veal Burgers
1. Ensure the burgers at room temperature. (Remove from the fridge at least 2 hours before cooking.)
2. Get your grill or pan smoking hot.
3. At the last minute, season well with Turner and George Classic Steak rub – don’t use oil, if the grill or pan is hot enough, it won’t stick. However, if you are using a flat pan you could brush the burger with a little oil before putting on.
4. Stick your burgers on! Leave for a couple of mins to get a good colour then turn. Keep turning regularly to avoid burning. Cook for:
180g burgers: Medium 6-8 minutes Medium Well 8-10 minutes
5. Rest on a warm plate, not too hot to touch, for at least 10 minutes.
6. Lightly toast your buns, build your burger and tuck in and enjoy!
PLEASE NOTE: To cook to perfection, professional chefs would use a meat thermometer.
Interior Temperatures for precise cooking: Medium rare: 60oC, Medium: 70oC, Medium Well: 80oC