Big Flat Pig
1. Ensure the burgers at room temperature. (Remove from the fridge at least 2 hours before cooking.)
2. Get your grill or pan smoking hot.
3. No need to use oil, if the grill or pan is hot enough, it won’t stick. However, if you are using a flat pan you could brush the burger with a little oil before putting on.
4.Stick your burgers on! Leave for a couple of mins to get a good colour then turn. Keep turning regularly to avoid burning. Cook for:
180g burgers: Medium 6-8 minutes Medium Well 8-10 minutes
5. Rest on a warm plate, not too hot to touch, for at least 10 minutes.
6. Lightly toast your buns, build your burger and tuck in and enjoy!
PLEASE NOTE: To cook to perfection, professional chefs would use a meat thermometer.
Interior Temperatures for precise cooking: Medium rare: 60oC, Medium: 70oC, Medium Well: 80oC